AEI Soft Start®
Don't have an energy management system at your facility? Not a problem, you can still get started and have basic building energy intelligence within the next 7 days.
With your signature on a Utility data release form, AEI Soft Start delivers immediate insight into your building's current energy usage just by looking at the interval data captured by your utility providers(1). You might think there's not a lot to learn from just the main meter data, but you'd be surprised. We can quickly answer a wide range of questions:
- Weather correlation: Is your facility controlling to outside air temperatures during the heating and cooling seasons? How well?
- Base load: With 24-hour profiles, how well does your building setback during the unoccupied hours?
- Plug Load: After accounting for weather, how do the projected plug and security light loads compare to the base load?
- Year over year, period over period, seasonal comparisons: With two or more years of data normalized for weather, did your energy usage go up or down compared to previous years? What's the trend?
- Peak demand: This nasty little extra on your utility bill is probably tied to a specific hour in the billing period where coincident demands of HVAC and other equipment drove your utility load well above average.
- Multiple buildings? We identify outliers in terms of Energy Usage Intensity (EUI). How do your buildings compare to each other and to similar building types in the region?
An AEI Soft Start can easily pay for itself in the first year by showing peak demand reduction opportunities.
A standard feature of an AEI Soft Start is to deliver a peak demand reduction schedule which - when combined with your utility billing parameters - can tell you the billing effect for small reductions in peak demands each month. Recognizing that building comfort is always a critical factor, our schedules show the affected number of hours for incremental reductions in demand.
An AEI Soft Start review is the most economic way to get started with building data analytics. It delivers broad insight across your portfolio, and is an excellent way to help decide where to look next on your quest for tuned buildings and lower energy costs. Pricing for AEI Soft Start is per Utility account and comes with steep discounting for multi-building portfolios with large square footage. The larger the portfolio, the faster the payback. Contact us for more information.
An AEI Soft Start works with your existing utility "EPO" data available from Energy Profiler Online. If your facility is on a time-of-use ("TOU") rate schedule with NationalGrid or Eversource, this data is available to you on an annual basis at no cost. For best results, we recommend the monthly subscription fee paid to your utility so that an AEI Soft Start analytics stay updated and can show monthly changes in your usage patterns on a more timely basis.
For facilities that are not on a TOU schedule, we recommend our AEI Soft Start Real-Time solution which goes beyond what EPO data can deliver. You'll get real-time main meter reporting that can be combined with AEI ISO Alerts to give you real-time insight into peak demand situations on the grid as well as your specific facility.
AEI Soft Start is also compatible with our AEI Energy Map. For portfolios of 10 or more facilities, an AEI Energy Map gives you a map-based overview of your portfolio, along with an entry point into the details for each building in your portfolio.